GenRight Off Road Crawler Extended Range Gas Tank with Steel Skid Plate for 76-86 Jeep® CJ-7 & CJ-8 Scrambler
The GenRight Crawler Extended Range Gas Tank is prefect for those guys who are stuck with the stock 15 gallon tank. This tank holds an extra 5 gallons of fuel and still fits in the stock location in a Jeep CJ-7 & CJ-8 Scrambler for those long distance trips. You can not extend your wheelbase with this model tank but ground clearance is the same as stock CJ tank skid.
This new tank will accept the factory CJ fuel pick and sending unit but it was designed to accept the factory Jeep YJ in-tank fuel module which is better for those guys who have converted their Jeep over to fuel injection. Each tank is supplied with a blank adapter plate for those guys who want to continue running the factory fuel pick up/sending unit.
Made in the USA!
- Tank is made from 1/8" thick Aluminum alloy
- Includes a heavy duty 3/16" thick skid plate that matches the shape of the tank.
- Multiple internal baffles to reduce fuel movement.
- Patented sump keeps the fuel near the pick up.
- Work with factory CJ pick up/sending unit or the YJ in-tank.
- Ground clearance is the same as a CJ with the factory 20 gallon fuel tank.
- 20 Gallon total fuel capacity.
- Pre-assembled with new factory Mopar vent valves and a stainless steel strap.
- Includes rubber gasket for factory YJ pump/sending unit.
- We only guarantee this tank will fit with Dana 20 or similar sized rear axles, like the Ford 9" in the stock location!
- If you will be using the factory YJ fuel module/pick up you will need to lengthen the unit 1" to reach the bottom of the tank.
- The YJ sending unit is not compatible with the factory CJ fuel gauge in the stock CJ speedometer, but it is compatible with all aftermarket fuel gauges.
1 Gas Tank
- 1986 Jeep CJ-7
- 1985 Jeep CJ-7
- 1984 Jeep CJ-7
- 1983 Jeep CJ-7
- 1982 Jeep CJ-7
- 1981 Jeep CJ-7
- 1980 Jeep CJ-7
- 1979 Jeep CJ-7
- 1978 Jeep CJ-7
- 1977 Jeep CJ-7
- 1976 Jeep CJ-7
- 1985 Jeep CJ-8
- 1984 Jeep CJ-8
- 1983 Jeep CJ-8
- 1982 Jeep CJ-8
- 1981 Jeep CJ-8