GenRight Off Road RBB-1008 Off Road Rear Cross Member Bumper Plate for 76-86 Jeep® CJ-7 & CJ-8 Scrambler
This is a 3/16" thick steel cross member re-enforcement plate to "cap" the factory rear frame cross member on a Jeep CJ-7 or CJ-8 Scrambler. It is designed to beef-up your existing rear frame member and rear most body mounts. It can also be used as a hi clearance bumper by itself (as Genright does on their swing down tire carriers) or a re-enforcement under any rear bumper. Remove the rear most body mounts and install the plate then slip them back in place.
Made in the USA!
- Allows you to repair or replace damaged rear cross members & body mounts.
- Allows you to beef up the old (and in most cases rusty) factory 1/8" thick rear frame section.
- Can be installed under an existing rear bumper.
- Can be used by itself as a bumper for a better departure angle.
- Bolt-on design.
- Ships un-painted.
- Requires drilling additional holes in the rear cross member to properly mount it on your Jeep.
- For proper mounting, it requires removing the fuel tank to drill and access center bolts.
- If this product is being used under an aftermarket rear bumper to beef up or re-enforce the rear cross member, you may have to cut off and re-weld the lower tabs on the rear bumper (if your bumper has these).
1 Full width laser cut and CNC bent rear plate
- 1986 Jeep CJ-7
- 1985 Jeep CJ-7
- 1984 Jeep CJ-7
- 1983 Jeep CJ-7
- 1982 Jeep CJ-7
- 1981 Jeep CJ-7
- 1980 Jeep CJ-7
- 1979 Jeep CJ-7
- 1978 Jeep CJ-7
- 1977 Jeep CJ-7
- 1976 Jeep CJ-7
- 1985 Jeep CJ-8
- 1984 Jeep CJ-8
- 1983 Jeep CJ-8
- 1982 Jeep CJ-8
- 1981 Jeep CJ-8