This is the GenRight Tie Rod kit and it is a perfect upgrade for any vehicle with a Dana 30 or 44 front axle. This kit is made up of the best components available! This Heavy Duty kit will hold up to big tires and off-road abuse. Got a hydraulic cylinder assist steering ram? It will work with that too. Why Heim rod ends? GenRight prefers the heims over the standard or heavy duty "tapered style" tie rod ends because over the years they have seen the taper on the tie rod end split too many steel knuckles! This is the exact same steering set up GenRight has used on their GenRight rigs for years, and it works great!
Made in the USA!
- Cutting & Welding is required: This kit requires cutting the tubing to length (tailoring it to your specific vehicle) and welding the threaded inserts onto the end of the Tie Rod.
- Drag Link kit sold separately.
- This kit may also require pressing out the ball joints to remove them from the stock knuckles, so you'll need a ball joint press if you are a do-it-yourselfer.
- This kit is offered in (2) sizes: 3/4" for Dana 60 axle knuckles and 5/8" for the smaller Dana 44's & 30 knuckles. If necessary, please order the bigger 3/4" GenRight Chromoly Hi-Steer Kit.
- To install this GenRight Chromoly Hi-Steer Kit it will require drilling the taper out of the knuckle with a 5/8" diameter drill. 5/8" diameter is the largest you can drill the taper out on a Dana 30 and 44 knuckle.
- Once Installed, you must cycle the front suspension and steering (in all possible direction combinations) to make sure the ball joints or heims do not exceed their range of motion which would damage the steering components and could cause a failure resulting in a loss of steering control!
1 Thick wall 1-3/8" diameter Heat Treated Chromoly Tubing (tie rod)
2 Heavy Duty 7/8" diameter threaded shank FK Chromoly Heim rod ends and jam nuts
2 Left & Right hand threaded tube inserts
2 CNC Machined stainless steel safety washers (for the top of each rod end)
2 Heavy Duty 5/8" diameter Grade 8 mounting hardware (nuts, bolts & washers).