This is the GenRight Kit to Double Shear your Dana 60 Hi-Steer Knuckles. It is a perfect compliment to our Chromoly Hi-Steer Tie Rod and Drag Link kit and can be cut to fit any "ball joint" style Dana 60 knuckle modified for Hi-Steer. This kit is made up of the best component parts you can buy and what we use on every GenRight build we do in-house! This Heavy Duty kit will hold up to big tires and off-road abuse. Why heim rod ends? GenRight prefers the heims over the standard or heavy duty "tapered style" tie rod ends because, over the years they have seen the taper on the tie rod end split too many steel knuckles! This is the exact same steering set up GenRight has used on their GenRight rigs for years, and it works great!
Made in the USA!
- Cutting of the tube sleeve is required: This kit requires cutting the tubing to length (tailoring it to your specific vehicle) to locate the tie rod in between the hi-steer arm and the factory knuckle mount.
- This kit may also require pressing out the ball joints to remove them from the stock knuckles, so you'll need a ball joint press if you are a do-it-yourselfer.
- This kit is only offered in the 3/4" size for Dana 60 axle knuckles. It will not work on the smaller Dana 44's & 30 knuckles.
- To install this GenRight CrMo Hi-Steer Kit it will require drilling the taper out of the knuckle mount with a 3/4" diameter drill.
- Once installed, you must cycle the front suspension and steering (in all possible direction combinations) to make sure the ball joints or heims do not exceed their range of motion which would damage the steering components and could cause a failure resulting in a loss of steering control!
2 Grade 8 3/4" x 8" long bolts
2 Thick wall pieces of DOM Tubing
2 Unitorque Nuts
4 Grade 8 Flat Washers