Bestop® 42642-01 Locking Under Seat Storage Box in Textured Black for 07-10 Jeep® Wrangler & 07-17 Wrangler Unlimited JK Passenger Side
Please note if your Wrangler is equipped with the fold and tumble front seat the mechanism will prevent this product from working on your vehicle. Also The Bestop Underseat Lock Box is not compatible with Jeep vehicles equipped with an under-seat electrical box.
Providing critical protection against theft, the Storage Box comes with two keys for the high-tech, pick-resistant rugged stainless steel lock. Does not interfere with Passenger's seat adjustment and attaches underneath passenger's seat using factory seat riser bolts. Measures 17" long x 7 3/8" wide x 3 1/4" high and is currently available for JK Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited.
- Attaches conveniently beneath the passenger's seat using OEM seat riser bolts
- Does not interfere with Passenger's seat adjustment
- No Drill install
- Made of heavy-duty, 16 gauge carbon steel, with textured black powder coat
- Secures with high-tech, pick-resistant lock and comes with two keys
- Provides 225 cubic inches of storage space in the sliding drawer
- Heavy-duty plated drawer slides
- Measures 17" long x 7 3/8" wide x 3 1/4" high
- Drawer storage space is 15 3/4" long x 5 3/4" wide x 2 1/2" high
Does NOT fit 2011-current Wrangler 2 door models.
Locking Under Seat Storage Box
- Color: Black
Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2010 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2009 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2008 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2007 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
I just installed this in my '15 Unlimited. It took maby 1/2 an hour not moving quickly and drinking coffee. The 18mm bolts that hold the front of the seat WERE torqued in pretty good from the factory so have a long handle ratchet, not some cheesy generic 4" handled one. Fit perfectly under my seat (I still have full factory carpet). The drawer slides smoothly and though it doesn't open completly (there's a couple inches that are still 'inside' but it PERSONALLY don't bother me). The finish blends and hides itself under the seat nicely. Dotn let the picture fool you, the bracket goes UNDER the seat brackets and fits flush to the floor in the front.
I returned these after realizing that the harnesses for the heated seats and side airbags had to be relocated. The instructions indicate you should remove the bracket and zip tie the harness to the seat. Considering the importance of the airbag harness, I opted not to install the drawer. I think the factory put the wire harness bracket there for a reason and if a zip tie was accceptable, Jeep would not have designed the bracket. Otherwise, I think the drawers are a great product and if I didn't have the side airbags, I would have kept them.
Not hard to install on paper. Make sure you have an 18mm socket (rare) and TONS of torque. The seat bolts require a breaker bar to loosen for the first time. Box bracket isn't designed to be installed with carpeting. Either cut away the carpet or force bend the bracket.
Good box but, unlike the Tuffy and which I didn't know until after I installed this one, the drawer guides are not full extension. So there is about six inches of drawer that can only be accessed by reaching your hand back into the drawer. Pretty tough to reach something small in a drawer that's only a couple of inches high.