Old Man Emu 60053 Rear Nitrocharger Sport Shock Absorber for 84-01 Jeep® Cherokee XJ with 2-2.5" Lift
NEW CYLINDER END COMPRESSION STACK
- Two extra discs added to the cylinder end compression stack.
- Disc options include different thicknesses from 0.15 to 0.38mm and
different diameters including 8.5, 11.0, 13.0 and 16.75mm.
- By using different diameter discs the mid range can be further divided
and fine tuned as a multistage compression stack.
- Extra discs allow for a more compliant stack that translates to a less
harsh, more rounded feel.
- Multistaging the mid range allows creation of a softer, more compliant
primary stage and a heavier second stage to control the big hits.
NEW TEN DISC REBOUND STACK
- Rebound controlled by oil flow over a new deflective disc stack.
- Up to ten discs can be used to control rebound.
- Discs range from 0.11 to 0.51mm in thickness and 14 to 30mm in
- Low speed control is determined by flow through the bleed
disc aperture - with 20 options from 0.15mm2 to 2.90mm2.
- As with the cylinder end, different diameter discs can be
used to create multistaging within the stack.
- Ten discs allow almost infinite tuning options, resulting
in a refined ride for all road conditions.
- Multistaging the mid range allows forgiving initial
control over small road imperfections, and
heavier more commanding control
NEW TEN DISC COMPRESSION STACK
- Above the piston is an all new 10 disc compression stack.
- The compression stack is constructed from the same components
available to the rebound stack - discs from 4.5 to 20 thou in thickness and 14
to 30mm in diameter are combined with 20 bleed options from 0.15mm2 to 2.90mm2.
- Ten discs on the compression side of the piston provide many tuning options and permit
management of oil flow back above the piston to give a refined, comfortable and well
controlled ride, particularly on change of direction.
NEW 35mm HIGH FLOW PISTON
- New less restricted high flow piston design.
- Teflon band for reduced friction.
- Less restricted design reduces heat generation
and aeration that may lead to fade.
- Open apertures present more uniform flow to
the bleed discs and disc stacks for more
NEW TRIPLE LIP OIL SEAL
- Latest evolution of dependable triple lip check
valve oil seal.
- Large durable seal incorporates new gas
retention check valve design to virtually
eliminate contaminant damage while providing
outstanding gas and oil retention.
- Larger section withstands greater internal
pressures and higher temperatures.
NEW ROD GUIDE
- New larger rod guide houses the new seal,
glacier bush and new slip ring.
- Refined rod guide design provides greater
support to the oil seal and increased reserve
tube volume for oil fill and gas expansion.
NEW SLIP RING
- Teflon infused bronze slip
ring eliminates uncontrolled
bleed through the rod guide.
- Tight tolerances between
the rod and slip ring ensure
consistent and uniform
NEW DIRT SHIELD
- New High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) dirt shield
- Impact Resistant - will not shatter, split or crack when subjected to offroad
debris thrown up by tyres.
- Features: Nitro, Rear
- Location: Rear
- Lift Range: 0 - 2.5 inch
Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 2001 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 2000 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1999 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1998 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1997 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1996 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1995 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1994 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1993 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1992 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1991 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1990 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1989 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1988 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1987 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1986 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1985 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1984 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)