ARB Air Lockers with High Output OnBoard Air Compressor for 78-86 Dana Model 30 Front & AMC 20 Rear Axle with 3.54 and Numerically Lower Gear Ratio
The world's most highly regarded traction aid, an ARB Air Locker is a driver controlled locking differential originally designed to give serious 4 wheelers the traction needed to combat extreme off road terrain. When extra traction is required, the driver activates the Air Locker via a convenient dash mounted switch. Pneumatic pressure supplied by an on board air compressor engages ARB's patented locking mechanism within the Air Locker, thus preventing the wheels from turning independently. The Air Locker is deactivated by flicking a switch, returning the differential to normal.
ARB Air Locker's patented design has proved ultra dependable, even in the most arduous conditions. It's strength lies in its simplicity - minimal moving parts ensures maximum reliability. All structural components are manufactured from aerospace grades of high alloy steel, and where possible, we increase the number of differential pinion gears to distribute torque loads evenly. Many recent Air Locker designs also utilize timed gear sets to further improve strength, a design feature that has led to a second US patent on the product.
The Air Locker design process involves exhaustive testing. Computerized Finite Element Analysis (FEA) allows us to subject each Air Locker design to "virtual" off road simulations far more extreme than those encountered in real life. Destructive laboratory testing is carried out to ensure the strength of the Air Locker exceeds that of the axles or other driveline components. Environmental test cells subject prototype models to high (120°C) and low (-24°C) temperature running conditions, as well as harsh wheel spin engagement for cycle durations of more than 20,000 actuations. Finally, field-testing is carried out in the harshest environments imaginable.
Once the design phase is complete, Air Lockers are manufactured at our state-of-the-art facility in Melbourne, Australia. Available for both front and rear diffs, we have Air Lockers in over 100 configurations to suit a wide range of vehicles around the world.
- Provides 100% traction on demand without affecting on road drivability or driveline wear.
- Vastly improved traction means less reliance on momentum, thus reducing the likelihood of vehicle damage and environmental impact.
- Easy, convenient operation allows the user to concentrate on the terrain without leaving the comfort and safety of the driver's seat.
- Ultra durable and extremely strong - only the highest quality materials used in construction.
- Incredibly simple yet effective design that employs minimal moving parts, thereby ensuring
- Thoroughly tested and proven design - trusted and used in over 80 countries around the world.
- Front and rear Air Lockers available for most makes and models.
- 2WD applications available.
- Easy installation and maintenance - no special tools, skills or additives required.
- Air compressor also provides convenient, reliable source of air for inflating tyres, camping and leisure equipment.
An equally beneficial feature of on-board air is the ability to re-inflate tires that have been repaired - it's not unusual to get several punctures in one day when 4WDing in extreme off road conditions. In this environment, the value of owning a 4x4 air compressor is priceless. When coupled with good quality tire repair equipment, an ARB air compressor provides the off road traveler with independence and peace of mind.
- Axle Model: AMC 20, Dana 30
- Axle Position: Front, Rear
- 1986 Jeep CJ-7
- 1985 Jeep CJ-7
- 1984 Jeep CJ-7
- 1983 Jeep CJ-7
- 1982 Jeep CJ-7
- 1981 Jeep CJ-7
- 1980 Jeep CJ-7
- 1979 Jeep CJ-7
- 1978 Jeep CJ-7
- 1977 Jeep CJ-7
- 1976 Jeep CJ-7
- 1985 Jeep CJ-8
- 1984 Jeep CJ-8
- 1983 Jeep CJ-8
- 1982 Jeep CJ-8
- 1981 Jeep CJ-8
- 1983 Jeep CJ-5
- 1982 Jeep CJ-5
- 1981 Jeep CJ-5
- 1980 Jeep CJ-5
- 1979 Jeep CJ-5
- 1978 Jeep CJ-5
- 1977 Jeep CJ-5
- 1976 Jeep CJ-5