Attempting to pre-load an adjuster nut type differential has proven to be a common cause of incorrectly pre-loaded assemblies and/or damage to the adjuster nut or bearing journal surface. Unfortunately however, most commonly available adjuster nut tools have been designed to suit only a select size or make of adjuster nuts, and many will interfere with the overhang shape of the bearing cap, and so alternative methods such as the hammer and chisel technique are sometimes used.
As a part of ARBs new Air Locker Tools range of differential service/installation equipment, these pliers have been specially designed by ARB to easily and safety accommodate not only the full ARB Air Locker range of adjuster nuts, but also most OE adjuster nuts also, regardless of size, shape and bearing cap type.
- The one-size-fits-all design quickly and easily adapts to all ARB and most OE adjuster nuts.
- Allows the axle to be pre-loaded without the same level of risk of adjuster nut and bearing journal damage associated with most other methods of tightening.
- Provides exceptional feel to the pre-loading process so that correct pre-load amounts can be achieved.
- Rubber molded handle is easy and comfortable to grip.
- Spring energized return-to-closed action allows one handed operation.
- Comes with chromoly tool steel jaws and Grade 8 fasteners.
Adjuster Nut Pliers