Breathe new life into your Jeep with the all-new Banks Sidewinder Jeep Turbo System. This complete bolt-on system is engineered for ultimate performance and rock crushing capability. The Banks Sidewinder Turbo System transforms your '07-11 Jeep Wrangler into a pavement eating, rock crushing, trail running monster. The Banks Sidewinder Turbo for the 2007?2011 Jeep Wrangler is specifically designed with a focus on improving low and mid?range torque ? ideal for providing the added power needed on the trail, while giving all around improved drivability on the road.
Gale Banks Engineering Banks Sidewinder Turbo System, Non-Intercooled, with AutoMind Programmer for 07-11 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door with 3.8L
- Horsepower Best Gain: +73.4 HP (+47.1%)
- Torque Best Gain: +80.3 lb?ft (+44.2%)
- Torque output with the turbo at 2000 RPM is greater than the peak torque in stock condition. This responsive torque profile is ideal for rock crawling and trail running scenarios.
- Installation is relatively simple, however minor welding is required on all kits (oil line return fitting to
oil pan), with additional welding on four?cat models (2007?2009 ? oxygen sensor port relocation, new
- All the necessary parts are included and the entire project can be completed in one day. This system
includes a Banks?developed 46x58mm oil?cooled plain bearing turbocharger with an integrated
recirculating blowoff valve, new Bosch 35 lb/hr fuel injectors, 2?bar MAP Sensor, stainless?steel turbine
inlet/outlet pipes, and a boost tube that includes provisions for a Water/Methanol injection nozzle. Hand
held programmer preloaded with Banks Turbo calibration.
- One kit PN covers both 2007?2009 and 2010?2011 model variants, and is compatible with aftermarket
long?arm suspension kits.
- The non?intercooled base kit includes a replacement high?flow air filer and adapter hose to utilize the
OE airbox upper lid, allowing for use with some aftermarket fording / snorkel systems.
- The standard turbo system operates at 6 PSI boost.
- Sidewinder turbocharger has an integrated wastegate/blowoff valve and is pre?assembled (at
Banks), providing for easy fitment.
- The Banks Sidewinder Turbo is a simple installation compared to a stroker kit which would
require complete engine removal, disassembly and reassembly.
- Stroker kits with displacement around 4.1L to 5.0L will offer power/torque increases of
12?25% at a $5000+ cost, compared to the 50% improvement with the turbo system. Taking all costs
into account, the turbo offers a better horsepower per dollar value.
- A turbo will deliver altitude compensation by providing boosted air when ambient conditions
are diminished. A stroker cannot offer this benefit.
1. Welding is Necessary.
- Engine Size: 3.8L V-6
- Engine Fuel: Gasoline
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)