Catalog #: 52450.2001
Spidertrax Part #: AXL-LSKM
With over 3 years of competition testing and more top place finishes then SpiderTrax Offroad can count, Spidertrax 35 Spline Ultimate D60 Stub Shafts have quickly become the #1 stub shaft among top rock crawling and rock racing teams. But what makes Spidertrax axles outperform the competition in ALL areas of quality, strength, and price? Here is a list of key advantages on what makes SpiderTrax axle shafts stand out from the crowd:
- We start with only the finest US grade 300M (used for the axle shafts) and aerospace grade E4340 (used for the yokes) billet chromoly. The E in 4340 stands for electric furnace (as opposed to a gas furnace which is more commonly used among our competitors) and yields superior results in heat treatment. We also carry out all CNC manufacturing operations right here, in-house, in Colorado USA. This allows us to provide an unmatched level of quality control while passing significant cost savings on to you.
- Unlike other Dana 60 stub shafts, our approach to a two-piece stub shaft design adds an incredible level of strength, durability, and machinability. To start, our two-piece yoke incorporates a unique, ringed web design which connects and supports both ears securing the u-joint. This greatly minimizes deflection under load, providing a superior level of strength and durability to both the yoke and the u-joint. This ringed web also allows an axle shaft assembly to reach unheard of steering angles, achieving a maximum steering angle of 50 degrees! This design approach also creates machine friendly parts, allowing us to maximize the speed of our in-house CNC machines to pass significant cost savings on to you.
- All heat treatment is done AFTER machining and never before. This provides far more strength then simply working with pre-heat treated material, rough cutting some splines, and calling it good. After heat treatment, we perform a deep freeze, or a Cryogenic freeze as it is commonly called, to the 300M material. We use a superior method for deep freezing that goes beyond simply cooling the part. After the axle shaft is heat treated, it is heated back up to a critical temperature at which point it is immediately deep freezed. This entire process improves the molecular structure of the axle shafts and has been a proven technique, when done correctly, in improving shaft strength and longevity. For those wondering why the 300M versions of these shafts are more expensive then the 4340 counterparts, this process, plus raw material cost, is the reason why.
- We turn down the stub shaft so the shaft diameter is smaller then the major diameter of the splines. This provides two key advantages. First, by choosing the correct shaft diameter we allow for an ideal amount of shaft torsion, critical for overall shaft longevity. Second, the axle shaft splines are protected from taking the full load on the shaft, in-turn making the splines much stronger. Anyone who has seen twisted splines on a shaft that has not been machined down like ours knows first hand what a difference this can make.
- If you're building a complete Spider 9 with Ultimate 60 Knuckles, we know exactly what components you're running and how they are all designed to work together. Therefore, we can guarantee your Spidertrax 35 Spline Ultimate D60 Stub Shafts will fit and work perfect every time. We cover all critical areas of design, commonly missed by our competition, such as proper snap ring location, needle bearing tolerance and sealing, and the effective use of a thrust washer. All Spidertrax stub shafts come complete with snap ring, needle bearing, needle bearing seal, and thrust washer.
- All parts come with a "Limited Lifetime Warranty". You break your first part, we will replace it for you hassle free. After your first warranty claim, all parts are covered for life from defects in material and workmanship.
- Axle Model: Ford 9
- Axle Position: Front
- Features: Chromoly