Hawk® Performance Front Quiet Slot Rotors & LTS Brake Pad Kit for 99-06 Jeep® Cherokee XJ, Wrangler TJ & Unlimited
Hawk Performance has applied their severe-duty brake pad friction technology to the braking demands of trucks and SUVs. Heavier vehicles with larger brake systems are more likely to experience higher temperatures, requiring a brake pad that has excellent heat dissipation characteristics.
Metallurgy: Quiet Slot™ rotors are cast from a proprietary formulation of premium alloys producing a superior performance street product.
- Noise-dampening steel formulation.
- Long-grain carbon iron for maximum thermal stability.
- Molybdenum additive for high temperature strength and thermal crack resistance.
- Unique alloy blend provides exceptional rotor life and durability.
Design: Quiet Slot™ rotors combine the look, feel and durability of a true performance rotor with the fitment and convenience of OE design.
- Performance design - Direct OE replacement.
- Unidirectional vanes eliminate the need for left and right side rotors.
- Optimal rotor vane and wall thickness improves structural strength, noise dampening and heat capacity.
Note: Heat cracking and rotor warpage are inherent risks with cross-drilled rotors.
- OE style vane design combined with increased heat capacity dramatically improves brake pad and rotor life.
Quiet Slots: Hawk Performance® Quiet Slot™ rotors feature a unique slot design specifically engineered to improve your car's braking performance and driver comfort.
- Increases initial bite.
- Improves wet weather brake performance.
- Effectively removes gas and wear debris.
Note: Cross-drilled & dimpled and heavily slotted rotors accelerate pad wear generating excessive brake dust and premature pad wear.
- When the brakes are not engaged, the Quiet Slot™ rotor vane and surface slot design effectively cuts through the surrounding air flow virtually eliminating the "whirling" noise typically encountered with cross drilled or heavily slotted rotors.
- Visual wear indicator. Rotors should be replaced when slots are worn down and no longer visible.
- Optimizes overall brake performance. Note: Cross-drilled, heavily slotted and dimpled rotors reduce the contact area of the rotor with the brake pad. This environment reduces the effectiveness of the brake pad, can cause damage to the desired transfer film and increase rotor surface temperatures.
- Swirl ground surface for improved brake pad bed-in and "green" out of the box performance.
- Specific RMS finish accelerates the creation of a proper transfer film when run with Hawk Performance® brand brake pads.
- All rotors are finished with a GEOMET® coating that protects both the internal and external surfaces from rust and corrosion.
What is GEOMET®?
GEOMET® is a proprietary water-based coating dispersion containing metal oxides, metallic zinc and aluminum flakes. The zinc and aluminum platelets align in multiple layers forming a metallic silver-gray coating. Applied as a liquid, the coating becomes totally inorganic after curing at 575-600F (300-315C).
WARNING! This rotor is intended for street use only!
The new LTS (Light Truck & SUV) Brake Pad Compound utilizes Hawk Performances established and proven Ferro-Carbon formulation to provide superior stopping power for full-sized light trucks, SUVs and vans without noise and dust.
- Improved braking over OE
- Superior fade resistance
- Low Dust
- Excellent pad and rotor life
- Virtually noise-free
Rotors - Pair
Brake Pads - Left & Right Set
- Features: Slotted
Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 2006 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 2005 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 2004 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 2003 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 2002 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 2001 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 2000 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 1999 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (TJ)
- 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (TJ)
- 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (TJ)
- 2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (TJ)
Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 2001 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 2000 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1999 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)