Catalog #: 92109.1090
Rugged Ridge Part #: 15102.10
Stronger and lighter, the two key elements of Synthetic Rope that make it the choice of competition off road vehicles everywhere. Rugged Ridge high strength Synthetic Winch Rope is constructed from genuine Dyneema SK-75 fiber imported from the Netherlands. This revolutionary fiber is the choice of off-road enthusiast worldwide. It is stronger and lighter than wire rope and never kinks or splinters! Our synthetic line is woven from twelve UV-treated strands, resulting in increased strength, and a power to weight ratio unmatched by wire rope. Each synthetic rope comes with a protective sleeve that prevents it from over heating on the winch drum, black powder coated latched hook, stainless steel thimble, and is pre-terminated end for ease of installation. Synthetic rope does not store energy like steel cables, and in the event of a failure it is much less likely to result in severe injuries caused by the whiplash of broken wire rope.
- Same high strength fabric used in ballistic body armor.
- Significantly stronger than same diameter steel cable and up to 40% stronger than Kevlar.
- 1/7 the weight of the same diameter wire rope.
- Will not splinter, kink or curl like wire rope & floats in water.
- Specially coated to be resistant to UV , abrasions, and chemical solvents.
- Protective sleeves keep line from overheating on winch drum.
Installation Difficulty:Level 2Intermediate
Installation Time: Less than an hour
- Color: Purple