Made in USA
The advantages of winching with a screw pin shackle over a conventional winch hook are many:
- D-ring shackles are up to 5X stronger than conventional winch hooks
- Conventional hooks are too small to safely fit both ends of a recovery strap
- Recovery straps cannot slip out of a shackle like they can with hooks
- Hook safety latches are not rated for loads and can tear recovery straps
- Conventional hook surfaces add higher stresses to recovery strap fibers, resulting in decreased strap ratings
- Shackles can be quickly removed and stowed away until needed for winching.
- Hooks do not cinch neatly against fairleads and are prone to rattling and loosening
- Conventional winch hooks are designed for chains not commonly used recovery straps
- Engineered, Tested, and Made in USA
- Stress analyzed using COSMOS FEA and destructively tested for confirmation
- Billet construction precision machined from 6061-T6 Kaiser Aluminum round bar
- 16,000 pound max load rating
- Fits all steel cables and synthetic ropes up to 3/8" in diameter
- Fits eyes equipped with standard or tube thimbles to 3/8 inch diameters
- 1.2 inch shackle tab thickness virtually eliminates "shackle rattle"
- Massive 5/8 inch diameter carbon steel double shear pin
- Optional EPDM "Rubber Guard" protects alloy Hawse fairleads rubber barb attachment
- Can be installed and removed in minutes simple snap ring removal
- Cinches neatly against all types of fairleads Hawse or Roller
- Red and Black colors are powder coated to resist fading while all other colors are beautifully anodized and zinc plated in the USA
In every ProLink box a sheet is included on how to install the ProLink as well as some notes on anodized aluminum surfaces. Specifically, that anodized surfaces can and will fade and scratch (like bicycle parts) - which is normal wear and tear. This is just the nature of colored anodized aluminum parts. The parts are still protected from corrosion even when the color fades - they just don't look as new.
It turns out that the colors silver, black and gray are more resistant to sun fading than the red, blue and orange, especially in the sun belt states.
It seems that notifying the customer as they choose the ProLink color may be prudent to avoid any disappointments down the road. In other words, customers who plan to park their rig in the sun all day every day should probably choose silver, black or gray and not one of the colorful choices.
1. Snap ring pliers are necessary.
- Color: Black or Gray or Silver or Red or Blue
|Part Number||Catalog #||Option||Price|