Control with your Smart phone: Using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto you will be able to bring up maps for directions, play music through your phone & talk as well as text without using your hands giving you a safe driving experience.
Bezel-less panel: A sleek seamless screen displays your menu clearly laying all of your apps out for easy touch screen access. Simple button controls allow safe use of the volume, sound & voice control settings at the bottom of the screen while driving.
Sound options: 4 x 55 W amplification delivers clear powerful sound that you can customize to your liking while the 3 pre-outs will give you the option to upgrade your Jeep's sound system.
- Stereo Receiver
- Dash Adapter *
- Plug & Play Wiring *
- Features: Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, Bluetooth Audio, Hands Free Calling, Navigation, Plug & Play Kit, Sirius XM Ready or Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, Bluetooth Audio, Hands Free Calling, Navigation, Sirius XM Ready
- Color: Black
- Stereo Type: Stereo With Install Kit or Stereo Receiver
Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2017 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2015 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2014 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2013 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2011 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2010 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2009 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2008 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2007 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
Sony XAV-AX5000 Media Receiver Options
|Part Number||Catalog #||Installation Kit||Price|
|XAV-AX5000||96082.0902||07-10 without Subwoofer||$589.99|
|XAV-AX5000||96082.0903||07-10 with Subwoofer||$589.99|
|XAV-AX5000||96082.0900||11-18 without Subwoofer||$629.99|
|XAV-AX5000||96082.0901||11-18 with Subwoofer||$629.99|
|XAV-AX5000||96082.0033||Without Installation Kit||$399.99|
Customer Submitted Photos
Sony XAV-AX5000 Media Receiver Reviews
I purchased the Sony XAV-AX5000 through Quadratec along with their JEEP JK wiring harness kit. Based on Quadratec's installation video for the Sony, I was led to believe this was all plug and play. The harness kit did not come with the USB adapter they showed off in the video which is supposed to keep my existing center console USB connected to the radio to allow android auto to function with my phone. I ran both USB's to the glove-box instead. I was also disappointed the kit wasn't set up to use my stock hands free microphone.
I installed the Brandmotion 9002-8848 backup camera kit at the same time. The backup-camera works perfectly after getting the harness options figured out...
The harness several spare wires for different options that go with the Sony. The instructions regarding these wires are not real helpful. Some wiring diagrams would help. I did figure it out after burning a couple brain cells.
After getting it all put together I ran through all the basic function. Most things work as expected and the sound is terrific. Better than the stock stereo in my JEEP. However the Android Auto feature does not work. We have the LG-G7 which is one of the phones that is supposed to work with Android Auto so I think it's the Sony. I have read a few other reviews stating they too had trouble with this feature on the Sony. This may also be related to the vague instructions that come with the harness kit.
It’s an easy installation to perform if you get the Quadratec wiring harness. Although, it says it only takes an hour, if you are completely new to cars then expect about two 1/2 to three hours. There’s a YouTube video from Quadratec as well which is useful, but I ignored the part where it suggests to cut the top prongs in the steel head unit holder; you can just bend them upward. Also, I don’t have a built in USB in the console like some other people on here, so everything in the kit was sufficient for the install.
There are two gotchas during install, however, which was—
* the Bluetooth mic routing
* the USB cord placement
I went through the steering compartment on the driver side to the radio in order to mount the mic on the driver side visor, and I didn’t want to make any more modifications to the plastic molding so I routed both USB cords through the glovebox...
In addition, I installed a backup camera simultaneously and it works seemlessly. I hooked the rear camera to the cig lighter port so it’s always on, and the feature on the radio that allows you to view the rear camera while in drive works, as well. Moreover, when you go in reverse the unit automatically switches to rear camera. Make sure you connect the two, marked rear camera wires on the harness, though.
Bluetooth works, call sound is clear, Apple car play is fantastic and makes this unit miles beyond the factory radio. Android Auto works as well. To me this unit was worth it.
Absolutely terrible. Does not fit a 2016 JK without a million adapters. Will be returned for sure.