The GenRight Crawler Safari Gas Tank is specifically designed to hold an extra 11.5 gallons of fuel and it does require removal cutting out of an unnecessary frame cross member to make it fit. Then this tank will simply bolt in to replace your stock gas tank for those long distance trips and keep your center of gravity low by carrying the extra fuel down low in the stock location. This tank has the same relation to the rear axle as the stock tank and occupies the exact same space as the stock tank, so if your suspension lift & axle combination works with your stock tank, it will work with the GenRight Safari tank too. Extending your wheelbase is not possible with this model. This tank maintains the exact same relationship to your axle as the stock tank. If what you have fits with your stock tank it will work with our Safari tank too.
Made in the USA!
Here are some similar items you might be interested in
GenRight Off Road Crawler Safari Gas Tank with Steel Skid Plate for 05-06 Jeep Wrangler TJ Unlimited
Installation Difficulty:Level 3Advanced
- Each tank is made from 1/8" thick Aluminum alloy and includes a matching heavy duty 3/16" thick steel gas tank skid plate.
- Has multiple internal baffles to reduce fuel movement and keep fuel near the pick up.
- All Crawler fuel tanks are designed to accept all the stock Jeep fuel pump/sending units and other related equipment so you will not get any check engine lights or other engine computer issues.
- On 2003 and newer models we recommend (but not required) a 1" body lift.
- Ground clearance is 1/4" MORE than stock.
- 31.5 Gallon total fuel capacity.
- Includes factory Mopar vents to adapt to your vehicles factory emissions system.
Installation Time: 3-6 hours
1 Gas Tank
- Features: Aluminum, Steel
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (TJ)
- 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (TJ)
- 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (TJ)