The GenRight Crawler EXT Gas Tank is specifically designed to allow for more clearance between the rear axle and the gas tank so you can lengthen your Jeeps wheelbase and keep nearly the same capacity as stock!
Want to run 40" tires? You are going to need bigger axles. This heavy duty tank is trail proven and made to accommodate such upgrades. This production built gas tank is re-shaped to make more room under the Jeep for a wheelbase stretch and bigger axles. That way you can keep your back seat to bring the family on your 4 wheeling adventures. The assembly mounts in the factory location and is it designed to work with all your factory emissions equipment so you won't get and check engine lights or have computer issues.
Made in the USA!
- 1" more ground clearance than stock.
- Improved departure angle.
- 17 gallon fuel capacity.
- Still works with leaf springs.
- Creates more room for larger aftermarket axles.
- Shape allows for 5" of rear wheelbase stretch with Dana 44 rear axle.
- Mounts in stock tank location with 7 factory bolts.
- Stock mounting location keeps center of gravity low.
- Accepts the stock Jeep fuel pump/sensor.
- Unique sump to trap gas at the fuel pick up.
- 1/8" thick Aluminum alloy tank is TIG welded.
- Foam liner between tank & skid plate.
- Includes a 3/16" thick heavy duty steel skid plate.
- Assembled with stainless steel straps.
- CNC machined aluminum alloy fittings are TIG welded.
- Includes factory Mopar roll over / vent valves.
- Internal baffles reduce fuel movement and keep fuel near the pick up.
- All tanks are 100% pressure tested.
- This tank is designed to accept the factory fuel pump or sender module from a '87-'95 Jeep Wrangler YJ equipped from the factory with a 20 gallon Plastic Tank (NOT the 15 metal tank found in a few model years).
- Because of shape and location changes, installation of this product may require changes to the last 14" of the exhaust tail pipe.
- This tank does NOT require a body lift.
- Factory YJ fuel module gasket sold separately.
- Fits well with Currie brand Anti-Rock type rear sway bars.
- Due to the fact that this tank is pushed back 5", the installer will need to carefully pull the fuel line and electrical a little rearward to reconnect them to the fuel pump (not a problem there is plenty of length in the line to reach).
1 Gas Tank
- Features: Aluminum, Steel
Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1995 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1994 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1993 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1992 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1991 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1990 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1989 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1988 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1987 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
Customer Submitted Photos
GenRight Off Road Crawler EXT Gas Tank with Steel Skid Plate Reviews
Well made tank.Thick aluminum and thick steel skid will be great protection.Also tucks up higher than orig 20 gal. tank with nice angle for better departure clearance. One note this tank does not hang on the forward cross-member and requires drilling frame and welding mounting sleeves into frame.No big deal but you will need a welder handy.Also sleeves are 3/4 inch so have a 3/4 unibit ready not 5/8 as directions state.