GenRight Off Road GST-4053 GenRight Crawler Comp Gas Tank with Steel Skid Plate for 87-95 Jeep Wrangler YJ
The GenRight Crawler Comp Gas Tank is specifically designed to allow for a larger fuel capacity and more clearance between the rear axle and the gas tank. This allows you to lengthen your Jeeps wheelbase while keeping the gas tank in the stock location. Let's face it, if you are considering this model tank you are a pretty serious wheeler who is removing the factory leaf springs and going to 40" tires or larger. You have big axles that need room and are focused on driveline angles and crazy suspension travel. This heavy duty tank is trail proven and made for you! Besides this production built gas tank is re-shaped to make more room under the Jeep so you can keep your rear cargo area and stretch your Jeep for incredible departure angles. The assembly mounts in the factory location and is it designed to work with all your factory emissions equipment so you won't get and check engine lights or have computer issues.
Made in the USA!
- 1" more ground clearance than stock.
- Improved departure angle.
- 23 gallon fuel capacity. That's 7 more gallons than the previous model Comp gas tank!
- Creates more room for big aftermarket axles.
- Shape allows for 7" of rear wheelbase stretch with Dana 44 axle and 6" stretch with Dana 60 axle.
- Mounts in stock tank location.
- Stock mounting location keeps center of gravity low.
- Accepts the stock Jeep fuel pump/sensor.
- Proprietary sump to trap gas at the fuel pick up
- 1/8" thick Aluminum alloy tank is TIG welded.
- Foam liner between tank & skid plate.
- Includes a new style 3/16" thick heavy duty steel skid plate.
- Assembled with stainless steel straps.
- CNC Machined fittings are TIG welded.
- Includes factory Mopar roll over / vent valves.
- Internal baffles reduce fuel movement.
- All tanks are 100% pressure tested.
- This tank is NOT designed to work with leaf spring suspensions (Only link type suspensions).
- The tank will accept the factory fuel pump / sending unit from a late model YJ that came from the factory with a 20 gallon plastic gas tank. Not the 15 gallon metal tank found in some model year YJ's.
- Because of the new tanks shape, some of the locations have changed and the exhaust may need to be modified when installing this tank.
- To install this tank you must install a 1" body lift.
- Your Jeep must be outfitted with out boarded shocks to install this model tank.
- Because of shape and location changes, installation of this product will require changes to the last 24" of the exhaust tail pipe.
- Fits well with Currie brand Anti-Rock type rear sway bars.
- Due to the fact that this tank is pushed back 7", the installer will need to carefully pull the fuel line and electrical a little rearward to reconnect them to the fuel pump (not a problem there is plenty of length in the line to reach).
1 Gas Tank
- Features: Aluminum, Steel
Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1995 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1994 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1993 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1992 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1991 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1990 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1989 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1988 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1987 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)