GenRight Off Road RTC-3400 Off Road Boulder Series Steel Swing Down Rear Tire Carrier for 87-95 Jeep Wrangler YJ
This is the steel version of the GenRight "Swing Down" rear tire carrier that GenRight has used on many of the GenRight Jeeps for years. They call it the Boulder Series Tire Carrier. They have improved on an old design by adding additional tubes in key areas of the carrier "cage" to stiffen it. Then they designed a new innovative mounting system to securely hold almost any tire & wheel combination from 33" to 42"! In line with their other high quality products that allow you to keep your rear seat (or rear cargo area), this tube style tire carrier is made with heavy duty 1-1/2" diameter x .120" wall steel tubing. The result is a cutting edge tire carrier fits tight to the rear of the vehicle (only sticks back 15-1/2" off the tailgate!) for the best possible departure angle. This is also a great rattle free way to hold a 33 to 42" spare tire that will not rip apart the back of your Jeep. Combine that with easy access by one person to change up to a 42" tire and you have a perfect choice for a trail rig with big tires.
Made in the USA!
- 1/4" thick internal gussets that tie the upper carrier to the rear cage mounts (specific to each model Jeep).
- Lower pivot mounting brackets that can be welded to any bumper (no welding required if you purchase the optional rear cross member mounting plate) or get our high clearance bumper plate.
- A beefy "T" Handle with a heavy duty ACME thread to hold the tire/wheel into the carrier "cage" for long term durability.
- A "fish" wire is pre-run through the carrier frame for a license plate and 3rd brake light(s).
- Greasable urethane bushings isolate each of the 4 mounting points to eliminate rattles.
- The carrier cage is 100% MIG welded in a jig.
- Design makes it possible for one person to load and unload huge tires by themselves.
- Easily fits up to 42" diameter x 14.50" wide tire.
- Super light weight, entire assembly only weighs 55lbs (including bumper plate).
- Improves the vehicles departure angle.
- Unique design fits any bolt pattern and any offset wheel.
- Relocates the rear license plate to the center.
- Upper mounts are adjustable so you can make the pins easy to remove after everything settles.
- Upper pins are self locking so they won't fall out.
- Works with factory hard or soft tops .
- Sold Un-painted and requires some finish work before painting.
- This product should be fully installed before painting and then removed for paint or powder coating.
- When lowered, the tire/wheel assembly in the carrier cage, can be walked on as a ramp up to reach gear in the back of your Jeep.
Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1995 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1994 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1993 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1992 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1991 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1990 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1989 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1988 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1987 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)