GenRight Off Road RTC-3510 Off Road Boulder Series Aluminum Swing Out Rear Tire Carrier for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited
This is the GenRight "Swing Out" rear tire carrier for the Jeep Wrangler TJ or Unlimited. This particular tire carrier is different than most tires carriers for three main reasons:
- 1) It is completely independent of the rear bumper. Yes, you can run any rear bumper you want, or no bumper at all.
- 2) The carrier "cage" is on the outside (instead on in the inside) of the tire where it protects the rear of the Jeep.
- 3) The way we hold the tire in the carrier, it can accept any bolt pattern, wheel size (15, 16, 17, 18, 19 or 20") or offset.
In line with their other high quality products that allow you to keep your rear seat (or rear cargo area), this tube style tire carrier is made with heavy duty 1-1/2" diameter x .188" wall steel tubing. The result is a cutting edge tire carrier fits tight to the rear of the vehicle (only sticks back 15-1/2" off the tailgate!) for the best possible departure angle. This is also a great rattle free way to hold a 33 to 42" spare tire that will not rip apart the back of your Jeep. Combine that with easy access by one person to change up to a 42" tire and you have a perfect choice for a trail rig with big tires.
Made in the USA!
- 1/4" thick internal gussets that tie the upper carrier to the rear cage mounts (specific to each model Jeep).
- Lower pivot mounting brackets that can be welded to any bumper (no welding required if you purchase the optional rear cross member mounting plate) or get our high clearance bumper plate.
- A beefy "T" Handle with a heavy duty ACME thread to hold the tire/wheel into the carrier "cage" for long term durability.
- A "fish" wire is pre-run through the carrier frame for a license plate and 3rd brake light(s).
- Greasable urethane bushings isolate each of the 4 mounting points to eliminate rattles.
- The carrier cage is 100% TIG welded in a jig.
- Design makes it possible for one person to load and unload huge tires by themselves.
- Easily fits up to 42" diameter x 14.50" wide tire.
- Super light weight, entire assembly only weighs 25lbs (including bumper plate).
- Improves the vehicles departure angle.
- Unique design fits any bolt pattern and any offset wheel.
- Relocates the rear license plate to the center.
- Upper mounts are adjustable so you can make the pins easy to remove after everything settles.
- Upper pins are self locking so they won't fall out.
- Works with factory hard or soft tops .
- Sold Un-painted and requires some finish work before painting.
- This product should be fully installed before painting and then removed for paint or powder coating.
- When lowered, the tire/wheel assembly in the carrier cage, can be walked on as a ramp up to reach gear in the back of your Jeep.
Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 2006 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 2005 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 2004 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 2003 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 2002 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 2001 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 2000 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 1999 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 1998 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 1997 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (TJ)
- 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (TJ)
- 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (TJ)
- 2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (TJ)