This is the GenRight "builders" steering Drag Link and Tie Rod kit. It is a perfect compliment to the TeraFlex hi-steer knuckle along with GenRight's Front 3 Link suspension kit. This builders kit can be cut to fit any vehicle or axle width and works best with hi-steer type knuckles. This kit is made up of the best component parts you can buy for on-road or off-road use! This Heavy Duty kit will hold up to big tires and off-road abuse. Why heim rod ends? GenRight prefers the heims over the standard or heavy duty "tapered style" tie rod ends because over the years they have seen the taper on the tie rod end split too many steel knuckles! This is the exact same steering set up GenRight has used on their GenRight rigs for years, and it works great!
Made in the USA!
- Cutting & Welding is required: This kit requires cutting the tubing to length (tailoring it to your specific vehicle) and welding the threaded inserts onto the end of the Drag Link and Tie Rod.
- This kit may also require pressing out the ball joints to remove them from the stock knuckles, so you'll need a ball joint press if you are a do-it-yourselfer.
- This kit is offered in (2) sizes 3/4" for Dana 60 axle knuckles and 5/8" for Dana 44's & 30 knuckles. If necessary please order the larger 3/4" GenRight Chromoly Hi-Steer Kit.
- To install this GenRight Chromoly Hi-Steer Kit it will require drilling the taper out of the knuckle with a 5/8" diameter drill.
- This kit requires moving the axle side trac bar mounting location to match the new higher drag link position.
- Once Installed, you must cycle the front suspension and steering (in all possible direction combinations) to make sure the ball joints or heims do not exceed their range of motion which would damage the steering components and could cause a failure resulting in a loss of steering control!
1 Thick wall 1-3/8" diameter Heat Treated Chromoly Tubing (for the tie rod)
1 Thick wall 1-3/8" diameter DOM Tubing (for the drag link)
4 Heavy Duty 7/8" diameter threaded shank FK Chromoly Heim rod ends and jam nuts
4 Left & Right hand threaded tube inserts (for easy adjustment)
8 CNC Machined stainless steel safety washers (for the top and bottom of each rod end)
4 Heavy Duty 5/8" Grade 8 mounting hardware
- Features: Chromoly
- Color: Black