Sprint Booster SBJE1012S SprintBooster Selectable Power Converter for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler JK, Wrangler Unlimited JK, Grand Cherokee WK/WK2 & Liberty KK with Automatic Transmission
Faster Throttle Response
Sprint Booster makes your car's throttle respond faster to your foot. As a result, your gas pedal actually achieves a full throttle response 25% sooner than the stock configuration. Even if you have a 'sport' button, Sprint Booster will quicken the throttle response time. By making the throttle respond faster to your input, you will feel as though your car has more muscle than it really does!
- Sprint Booster does not increase Horsepower.
- Sprint Booster does not reduce your 0-60mph times.
- Sprint Booster DOES make your car 'FEEL' faster.
- Sprint Booster is not for everyone.
How It Works
Sprint Booster modifies the signal between the accelerator pedal module and the electronic throttle body. This modified signal forces the throttle body to open 'more' than the stock signal at a given pedal position. In effect, the idle-to-full-throttle pedal travel is reduced. This makes your car 'feel' more powerful because a given pedal input produces greater throttle opening. This is especially evident in the low to mid rpm range where most cars spend their time on the street.
Sprint Booster simply modifies the throttle signal between the accelerator pedal and the throttle body. Big deal right? Keep in mind, this is the same concept as the 'throttle pulley' modification on cable based throttle systems - which was very popular in it's time. It doesn't add horsepower, but makes the throttle more sensitive and makes the car 'feel' faster.
It doesn't matter if you have a Sport Mode, ECU software, or 'Chip' on your car, Sprint Booster works independently of other modifications. It simply makes the throttle more sensitive, making the car 'feel' faster.
Is Sprint Booster for everyone? Of course not, no performance product ever is. If you have a track car where you spend most of your time near redline, Sprint Booster is not for you - Sprint Booster benefits are felt in the low to mid pedal travel. Some people don't like the fact that Sprint Booster reaches full throttle before full pedal travel - if you routinely mash the throttle to the floor, Sprint Booster may not be for you.
Sprint Booster is most effective in the low to mid rpm range, which is where most 'street' cars are driven on a daily basis. Yes, you may need to adjust your driving style after installing Sprint Booster - but that is a short learning curve. Sprint Booster will put the 'fun' back into your daily drive.
Sprint Booster installs in minutes, and is easily removable. Plug-n-Play performance!
Just try it! Make your daily drive more 'fun'.
1. Loosen the accelerator pedal module from the floorboard.
2. Unplug the harness from the accelerator module.
3. Plug in the SprintBooster inline with the harness and accelerator module.
4. Re-install the accelerator module.
5. That's it!
1. Some Jeep Applications are affected by interference from CB Radios. Please check the operation of the throttle before driving your vehicle if you have a CB Radio installed.
Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2013 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2011 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2010 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2009 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2008 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2007 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
Jeep Grand Cherokee (WK)
- 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WK)
- 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WK)
- 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WK)
Jeep Grand Cherokee (WK2)
- 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WK2)
- 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WK2)
- 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WK2)
Dramatic improvement in throttle response when in Sport Mode! I would have rated the Sprint Booster 5 Stars if it weren't so sensitive to temperature. During weather below 30 degrees, and above 90 degrees (riding with the top down), my voltage and engine lights came on and any attempt to accelerate resulted in hesitations (like a first-time stick shift driver trying to get into first gear). The first malfunction happened in the heat. I thought that it was just defective, and Quadratec's excellent customer service replaced it at no charge. The second malfunction happened several months later in the cold, but I wasn't able to exchange it. On both occasions, pulling over and disconnecting the booster fixed the problem.