Rock Hard 4X4 RH6009 Patriot Series Tube Slider Rocker Guards for 07-17 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door
These bolt on just like your Rubicon sliders but give you much more capability both on and off the trial. Each mounting bar is 2" x 3" .120 thick steel making them indestructible rock crushers. We then set them in a jig and weld on 1 3/4" .120 tubing giving you a step you don't know how you lived without. The tube also helps keep your Jeep off the rocks by giving you a steel "cushion" that takes all the abuse the trail can throw at them. Each slider's end cap is welded shut to prevent debris, water, and dirt from getting inside.
Ease of Installation
The secret behind our system's ease of install is precise fitment. Believe it or not, the side of your Jeep Wrangler JK is not a straight line. The slight outward curve is lost by many other manufacturers giving you a less than solid mounting point where debris and water can get between the body and your body armor. Our mounting bar that secures our Tubular Rocker Guards to your body perfectly continues that curve. This means a rock solid mounting surface and properly distributed weight load when your slider is being put to use. Put those drills away - no drilling required!
- Color: Black
- Armor Type: Rocker Guards
- Material: Steel
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
They look great, seem really solid, were well packaged, and showed up fast! Pretty easy to install - at first I thought the body bolt holes wouldn't line up, but tightening the pinch seam bolts brought everything in to alignment.
Written instructions were decent - combined with their online video it made my first mod to my first Jeep a snap. There were however two issues as far as installation:
1. The factory body bolts are now too short - they realize this and provide longer hardware (M12 x 1.75 - 120mm), but the new bolts were grade 8.8, not the stronger 10.9 factory hardware (and that factory hardware has a really heavy flange on the head, as well as a very robust, captive washer - I don't think losing the washer is a big deal, as the rails themselves become the new washer, but I sure think the beefy head on the factory hardware puts their new hardware to shame).
2. Instructions didn't state to apply threadlock to the new bolts - it's pretty easy to figure out you need it since it is on the factory hardware, but it seems like a major oversight to not mention it in the instructions!
Seems like a good deal, and I'm glad I got them.