- Designed to protect vital underbody components including steering, engine oil pan, transmission and transfer case (dependent on vehicle model).
- Vehicle specific design.
- Manufactured from folded 3mm laser cut steel.
- Securely bolted to the vehicles chassis providing outstanding structural integrity.
- All steel components are zinc plated and powder coated in a silver textured finish.
- Easily removed for vehicle servicing.
As the first solid axle model vehicle ARB Engineers tackled for skid plates, the Jeep Wrangler JK presented many
new issues that needed to be overcome. Among those, the skid plates panel had to mount in such a way that it
allowed full movement of the front axle and all of its locating components during suspension cycling. Next it had
to allow for the many different suspension systems and aftermarket control arms available on the market for this
Being the longest skid plate panel manufactured so far, this panel is designed to virtually cradle the entire engine oil
pan on all sides, providing the maximum amount of protection while still allowing access to the engine oil drain plug.
Toward the rear of the panel the surface area was kept as narrow as possible so as to allow for the fitment of
aftermarket long arm kits.
To support the panel, a new cross-member has been developed that bolts between the two engine mounts. Special
attention had to be paid to the design to allow the front suspension control arms to travel up fully (under suspension
compression) in an area that was very compact and didnt allow a lot of freedom in design.
In addition to engine oil pan and transmission protection, the Jeep also has a vulnerable charcoal canister (part of the
vehicle emissions system) that hangs low towards the rear of the vehicle for which a separate skid plate panel has
- Color: Black
- Armor Type: Engine Skid
- Material: Steel
Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2011 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2010 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2009 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2008 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2007 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)