The world's most highly regarded traction aid, an ARB Air Locker is a driver controlled locking differential originally designed to give serious 4 wheelers the traction needed to combat extreme off road terrain. When extra traction is required, the driver activates the Air Locker via a convenient dash mounted switch. Pneumatic pressure supplied by an on board air compressor engages ARB's patented locking mechanism within the Air Locker, thus preventing the wheels from turning independently. The Air Locker is deactivated by flicking a switch, returning the differential to normal.
ARB Air Locker's patented design has proved ultra dependable, even in the most arduous conditions. It's strength lies in its simplicity & minimal moving parts ensures maximum reliability. All structural components are manufactured from aerospace grades of high alloy steel, and where possible, we increase the number of differential pinion gears to distribute torque loads evenly. Many recent Air Locker designs also utilise timed gear sets to further improve strength, a design feature that has led to a second US patent on the product.
The Air Locker design process involves exhaustive testing. Computerised Finite Element Analysis (FEA) allows us to subject each Air Locker design to "virtual" off road simulations far more extreme than those encountered in real life. Destructive laboratory testing is carried out to ensure the strength of the Air Locker exceeds that of the axles or other driveline components. Environmental test cells subject prototype models to high (120ºC) and low (-24ºC) temperature running conditions, as well as harsh wheelspin engagement for cycle durations of more than 20,000 actuations. Finally, field-testing is carried out in the harshest environments imaginable.
Once the design phase is complete, Air Lockers are manufactured at our state-of-the-art facility in Melbourne, Australia. Available for both front and rear diffs, we have Air Lockers in over 100 configurations to suit a wide range of vehicles around the world.
- Provides 100% traction on demand without affecting on road drivability or driveline wear.
- Vastly improved traction means less reliance on momentum, thus reducing the likelihood of vehicle damage and environmental impact.
- Easy, convenient operation allows the user to concentrate on the terrain without leaving the comfort and safety of the driver's seat.
- Ultra durable and extremely strong - only the highest quality materials used in construction.
- Incredibly simple yet effective design that employs minimal moving parts, thereby ensuring
- Thoroughly tested and proven design & trusted and used in over 80 countries around the world.
- Front and rear Air Lockers available for most makes and models.
- 2WD applications available.
- Easy installation and maintenance & no special tools, skills or additives required.
- Air compressor also provides convenient, reliable source of air for inflating tyres, camping and leisure equipment.
- Axle Model: Chrysler 8.25
- Axle Position: Rear
Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 2001 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 2000 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1999 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1998 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1997 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1996 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1995 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1994 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1993 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1992 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1991 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1990 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1989 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1988 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1987 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1986 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1985 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1984 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)