Catalog #: 56214.104
Hawk® Performance Part #: HB286F.591
Hawk's Performance HPS compound provides advanced braking characteristics to enhance your driving experience with increased stopping power. This unique compound combines the safety and quality of Aerospace design partnered with the braking technology of motorsports. Hawk HPS Pads deliver high friction and torque with low rotor wear. Hawk Pads are long wearing with low dust and virtually noise free. One set does one axle.
- HPS - High Performance Street
- Increased stopping power
- High friction/torque hot or cold
- Gentle on rotors
- Extended pad life
- Low dust
- Virtually noise-free
Superior Stopping Power
HPS - High Performance Street disc brake pads are world renowned for increasing stopping power on your street legal vehicle. Increasing the performance of your vehicles braking system is easy when you choose Hawk Performances HPS braking compound. This unique Ferro-Carbon formula was developed for street performance using the safety and quality of Aerospace and Motorsports severe-duty friction technology.
The High Performance Street compound offers a higher coefficient of friction over stock brake pads and can provide you 20-40% more stopping power and higher resistance to brake fade than most standard replacement pads. Less fade means youll have a highly durable brake pad with less brake dust..
HPS Ferro-Compound Features:
All Hawk Performance High Performance Street brake pads provide a limited lifetime warranty, ensuring products to be free of defects from manufacturers workmanship and materials.
Hawk Performance burnishes its High Performance Street brake pads as a final step in the factory, but all brake pads have to be bedded-in with the rotors (new or used) that they will be used against. Properly bedding-in new brake pads results in a transfer film being generated at the pad and rotor interface to maximize brake performance.
Brake Pad Installation Procedure1. Install brake pads properly. Be sure pads are securely positioned in the caliper.
2. Flush system with fresh brake fluid.
3. Check all hydraulic parts for excess wear and tear.
4. Check disc for proper thickness, parallelism, and lateral runout.
5. Check disc for scoring or grooves over .012depth. If either applies, resurfacing is required.
6. If discs do not need resurfacing, then contamination from the previous brake pads must be removed. Sand discs with 130 grit sandpaper using moderate pressure. Use soap and water to clean discs surface after sanding and machining. Discs should be free and clear of oil, grease, and brake fluid.
7. Inspect calipers for freedom of movement. Lubricate where necessary.
Burnishing Instructions1. After installing new brake pads, make 6 to 10 stops from approximately 30-35 mph applying moderate pressure.
2. Make an additional 2 to 3 hard stops from approximately 40 to 45 mph.
3. DO NOT DRAG BRAKES!
4. Allow 15 minutes for brake system to cool down.
5. After step 4 your new pads are ready for use.
WarrantyHawk Performance will warranty products to be free of defects from workmanship and materials. This warranty does not apply to normal wear or damage caused by negligence, lack of maintenance, accident, abnormal operations, or improper installation or service. Hawk Performance does not make any other warranty claims, either expressed or implied, including the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In no event will Hawk Performance be liable for incident or consequential damages of any kind, whether such damages are claimed on account of breach of warranty, breach of contract, negligence, or strict product liability. This includes without limitation, damage to property, or other economic losses that may be incurred. Any, and all, warranty claims must be processed through Hawk Performance. All valid warranty claims will be replaced/reimbursed with Hawk Performance brake pads of equal or greater value. Contact Hawk Performance at (440) 528-5000, or [email protected]
Installation Difficulty:Level 2Intermediate
Installation Time: 1-2 hours
Brake Pads - Left & Right Set
Jeep Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
- 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
- 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
- 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
- 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee (ZJ)