Boom Mat speaker baffles maximize speaker performance by isolating the correct frequency responses while damping reverberation in the sheet metal and panel to frame resonance. Also, and most importantly for Jeep owners, they form a water tight protective shell to prevent moisture, mud, dirt and dust from destroying your speakers sensitive components.
- Closed-cell polyethylene enhances frequency response for improved sound clarity
- Easy conformability in tight spaces for a professional installation
- Thin material design offers less bulk for a clean and tight installation for professional finished appearance
- Easily trimmable for a perfect fit
- Isolates frequency responses and prevents sound from migrating to unfavorable areas in the vehicle such as door panels
- Serves as a protective barrier for speaker cone and voice coil against dirt and dust
- Damping properties help reduce distortion for enhanced acoustical response
- Closed-cell material forms a cushioned seal between speaker and mounting surface to isolate speakers from vehicle
- Acts as a protective guard for exposed speakers
- Extends speaker lifespan and protects owners speaker investment
Remove speaker from housing and disconnect speaker harness. Insert Boom Mat Speaker Baffle behind speaker. Reinstall speaker to housing using the existing speaker mount screws to puncture through Boom Mat Speaker Baffle at the mounting surface.
For a complete water/debris resistant seal, it is recommended that speaker wiring harness be run between the back of speaker mounting surface and Boom Mat Speaker Baffle. This will offer maximum protection against moisture, dust and debris from the trail.
5.25" Speaker Baffle Pair
- Size: 5 1/4"
- Location: Sound Bar & Overhead
- Shipping Weight: 0.1lb
- Shipping Dimensions: 8in x 7in x 4in (L x W x H)
Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 2006 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 2005 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 2004 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 2003 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 2002 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 2001 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 2000 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 1999 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 1998 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 1997 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (TJ)
- 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (TJ)
- 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (TJ)
- 2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (TJ)
Customer Submitted Photos
Boom Mat 5.25" Overhead Soundbar Speaker Baffle Pair Reviews
I like them they do make a big difference in the quality of sound.
So, I had ordered the Polk marine grade 5.25 and I think they are about the same as the kickers, but added these to get a little more clear sound and bass for what a 5.25 can do. Lol but, instead of using the instructions, I stuffed the whole thing in the sound bar with the wires coming through and fit perfect. So, do it this way for a much cleaner fit that works perfectly. My 2 cents worth.
Don't. Just don't. I threw mine out in 2 months. Maybe I just didn't install them right? Seems too easy to not install them right but I had rattling/buzzing from the cone touching the foam.