- Features: Locking
- Color: Black
- Shipping Weight: 0.8lb
- Shipping Dimensions: 10in x 4in x 2in (L x W x H)
Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1995 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1994 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1993 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1992 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1991 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1990 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1989 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1988 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1987 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
Customer Submitted Photos
Midwest Specialties Hood Lock Kit Reviews
Great quality and worth the price paid. I had this one on my Jeep for two years without issue.
Went on easy and works great
This product delivers what it promises, but the way it does it is kind of cheezy. The locking lever simply prevents the OEM hood release lever from being pushed to release the hood. It's kind of like a mechanical finger pressing the from the back side of the OEM lever saying "No you don't".
1. It's simple and it probably will keep an honest man honest, and probably will deter a not-very-determined thief.
3. Made in USA
1. Security is minimal. A moderately determined thief will take the extra few seconds to easily defeat this mechanism by quickly bending it with a screwdriver.
2. The lock does not allow the key to be removed in the unlocked position, so you're committed to using it all the time, even on the trail when you don't want it.
3. Hardware is cheezy. Slot screwdriver fittings in 2018? If I keep this device I will get some better bolts as the ones it comes with look they belong to a lamp-shade or some other really light duty, indoor application.
4. Key slot is exposed to the worst elements since it's on the grill and facing forward. Water, mud, bugs and everything else are going to find themselves going in to that key slot.