- Legal in California, or other states adopting California emissions standards, only for racing vehicles that may never be used, registered or licensed for use, upon a highway. Can not be shipped to California residents.
- OE catalytic converter replacement
- One piece design
- Retains the factory O2 sensor and hanger locations
- 49-State federal approved
- 3/8" thick laser-cut flange
- 100% hand MIG-welded stainless steel construction ensures optimal strength and durability
- Direct fitment
- Features: Stainless Steel
- Color: Stainless Steel
- Shipping Weight: 20lb
- Shipping Dimensions: 35in x 15in x 12in (L x W x H)
Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 1999 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 1998 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 1997 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
Customer Submitted Photos
aFe Power Direct Fit Catalytic Converter Reviews
I bought this along with the aFe header for my 97 TJ. I was worried from other reviews, but it fit perfectly at the header. It did meet up with my quadratec cat back system, both pipes were the exact same size with no flair. It was a $20 fix at my muffler shop, but I would recommend the header and cat back as well if you're using this system. The construction is absolutely amazing
I had the same experience as the previous poster regarding bell length requiring either trimming or longer studs. I ended up breaking one of the studs on the manifold while removing the the old cat. Instead of fixing the one, I ended up drilling out both studs to add longer bolts in their place. If I wouldn't have broken the stud the cat would be on its way back for the magnaflo offering.
I don't believe that this is any fault of Quadratec, but this product should not be purchased by anyone. The flanged pipe on the manifold side is left to long so the OEM bolts are not long enough to get the bolts on. I had to cut quite a bit of the flange off to get the bolts to reach. Since the flange is now short it barely covers the male end of the manifold mounting surface and is causing an air leak. Additionally, the surface of the connector is causing the nuts to back off of the bolt.
I am now probably going to have to replace the Cat assembly again. Pretty disappointed in AFE that they would produce a product that is so poorly manufactured. It seems like they probably put something together but never did a test fit.