- Saves you money! The new ProRock 44 has big improvements in strength and ground clearance, but lets you re-use your stock or aftermarket JK Dana 44F internal parts, and your JK or TJ wheel ends and brakes.
- Go anywhere! Highest ground clearance of any Dana 44 axle, with the added rigidity needed for bigger tires and off-road use.
- JK and TJ owners can finally say good-bye to bent front housings for good! No welding, No hammering, No grinding! This is not a welded-up and braced housing. It is a new housing designed from the ground-up to handle tough trails, big tires and loaded Jeeps.
- Can be upgraded now or later with new aftermarket gears, axle shafts, and brakes.
- Easy to install Fits perfectly and bolts into your stock or lifted JK or TJ. No grinding or welding required.
- Legendary ProRock durability for your Jeep vehicle gives you Confidence to Explore®
- Dynatrac ProRock high ground clearance design (Pat.Pend.), with big 3-inch, thick wall tubing. Did you know that stock JK and TJ Dana 44 front axles only have 2.5 x .25 wall tubing?
- The ProRock 44 is a high-pinion Dana 44 replacement housing designed to capitalize on the advantages of the stronger New Generation Dana 44 ring & pinion gears and axle shafts equipped with larger U-joints. Did you know that all stock TJ Rubicon Dana 44 axles were low-pinion? Fact - High pinion gears and housings are stronger than their low-pinion counterparts when installed in a front driving axle application.
- Each housing also includes Dynatracs new Pro44 end forging which is much stronger than stock and very important for running big tires. They will maintain proper wheel camber even under severe use. This is a actual steel forging made in the USA, not an imported casting like the other guys.
- JK Owners - The ProRock 44 housing is fully compatible and ready to accept your existing stock and aftermarket JK Dana 44 ring and pinion gears, lockers, knuckles, brakes and axle shafts. JK owners with Dana 30 front axles can re-use their knuckles, wheel bearings, and brakes.
- Extreme-duty, steel suspension brackets are 50% thicker and much stronger than stock brackets. All are computer designed and CNC manufactured in the USA.
1. Reuses Stock Axle Ring and Pinion, Steering Knuckles and Brakes.
2. For use with aftermarket Lockers such as ARB Air Locker.
3. Requires Custom Axle shafts with 1310 U-joints.
ProRock 44 Housing
- Axle Model: Dana 44
- Axle Position: Front
- Shipping Weight: 235lb
- Shipping Dimensions: 77in x 29in x 20in (L x W x H)
Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2017 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2015 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2014 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2013 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2011 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2010 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2009 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2008 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2007 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
Customer Submitted Photos
Dynatrac ProRock 44 Housing Reviews
This thing is as strong as it is pretty to look at. I did mine with Dynatrac rebuildable ball joints, which are greaseable, RCV axles, also greaseable, unlimited housing, ARB locker and Yukon 4.88 gear. The quality of the housing is amazing. Dynatrac to pride in their work to the next level. Fit and finish is superb. Even after bashing it on some rocks the powdercoat and paint still shine. The beautifully crafted housing cover is what makes it stand out the most, next to the RCV axles. Installation was a breeze. Had my D30 out the night prior and took our time installing it. We started around 11am and since there was no rush we had it back on the road later that night. It should be noted that I did not install the internals but rather a dealership down the street did. Anyone with a basic set of tools and a 32mm socket, for the axle nut, can install this in their garage. What this housing does not have is a drain plug. So to drain it you will need to remove the cover. This unit will also accept larger brakes. In my case, Mopar Big Brake kit. Items reused was brakes, stock at the time, wheel bearings and knuckles. If you're running larger tires, heavier front bumpers, or tend to have a heavy foot you're D30 is running on borrowed time. I was stupid and built up a D30 with lockers and 37s. This is the smartest thing I've done in a long time.