Features: A sleek design with less catch points so you do not get hung up on rocks or other obstacles on the trails. Built in tow hitch rated at 3500lbs which is the same as the factory one. Optional enhanced light bezels can be added to accommodate 4" rounds, Rigid D-flush mount & Rigid D series LED's for extra lighting to help out on those dark nights.
Construction: Made from light weight military grade steel giving you a high strength bumper that will stand up to and protect your Jeep from off-road debris.
Clearance for Tires: This bumper gives you enough clearance to have a 35" spare tire or with the optional Riser Mounts you would be able to mount a 37" spare tire.
- Rear Bumper
- Features: Integrated Receiver, LED Light Mounts
- Style: Rear Bumper
- Material: Steel
- Shipping Weight: 110lb
- Shipping Dimensions: 75in x 20in x 13in (L x W x H)
Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JL)
- 2019 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JL)
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JL)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JL)
- 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JL)
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JL)
Customer Submitted Photos
LoD Destroyer Full Rear Bumper Reviews
Would give it six stars if that were an option. Warning: This is wordy and from an engineer's perspective so if you're looking for fluffy language it was in the first sentence and maybe the one at the end of this narrative only. After researching many bumpers for the Wrangler JL, this one from LoD seemed like the best option for my situation. I was trying to match a Rock Slide Engineering Rigid Front Bumper with Winch Plate and the LoD Destroyer had the appearance and function I was looking for. My Wrangler is a Sahara and had a plastic factory bumper. Sure, it looked nice and had parking sensors and a clean license plate notch but virtually no structural mass. Upon removal of the stock bumper, I was shocked to discover probably no more than five pounds of steel in the entire assembly! The trailer hitch and recovery hook were really the only structural components aft of the frame itself. So, I prided myself on making a wise decision to ditch the Mopar plastic and install 125 pounds of solid steel. Accolades to LoD include but are not limited to the following:
1. This bumper is solid. No stamped metal or plastic here. The fit to the Jeep frame is precise. Hardware is accurate and everything is included.
2. The powder coat finish is very nice. I don't have a fancy shop so had to install mine in the garage using hand tools and a couple stacks of 2x4s to hold it up while installing parking sensors, etc. No damage to the finish from shipping or my own handling.
3. This bumper has holes in the proper locations for parking sensors so as to not require modifications of the OEM parking sensor wiring harness like some brands apparently do. If yours has these sensors, be sure to purchase the LoD Parking Sensor Mounting Kit. This is critical for securing the relocated sensors. I suggest adding some blocks of closed cell weatherstripping between each mounting retainer and the back of each sensor to cushion the sensor a little more and add slight pressure to the back of the sensor. This is necessary since pressure is the only force holding the sensors in position and without some extra "sponginess" they could vibrate around during the kind of driving Jeeps do. You don't want them to move since they must be parallel with the horizontal axis to function properly.
4. The License Plate Relocation Bracket is a well designed component and fits like a glove. If you use this in lieu of the spare tire option, my recommendation is to attach only the bracket to the bumper with the bumper off the vehicle and add the license plate support shell once the bumper is attached to the vehicle. Just one less thing to risk dinging your Jeep sheet metal if anything slips during mating of the bumper and frame.
5. Instructions are very good with the possible exception of explaining how to remove the factory bumper and extract the parking sensors. I recommend taking a quick look at the Go Rhino instructions for their rear bumper as these contain photos of some strategic bolts and show how the parking sensors snap into their bezels (which you don't need in the LoD bumper since the factory rubber rings sit nicely against the insides of the holes in the steel).
I can't say enough about how pleased I am with this bumper. Thank you LoD for making a true first class product!