Upper Door Skins not included.
- Features: Tinted Windows
- Color: Black Denim or Spice
- Hardware Type: Frameless
- Door Configuration: Without Doors
- Fabric: Vinyl (18-23oz)
Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 2006 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 2005 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 2004 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 2003 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 2002 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 2001 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 2000 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 1999 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 1998 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 1997 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
Rampage Products Frameless Trail Top Options
|Part Number||Catalog #||Option||Price|
Customer Submitted Photos
Rampage Products Frameless Trail Top Reviews
1. cool look
2. on board storage of side & rear windows
3. reasonable price
4. nylon straps and Velcro held up for 4 years before needing replacement. Not sure how other products compare. Mind you this 4 years is under a brutal Texas sun and occasional coastal salt water atmosphere. Replacing the straps was pretty simple using strapping I ordered off ebay, a roll of Velcro from Walmart and a decent sewing needle with thick thread.
1. absurdly difficult to install when new. I recommend not trying to install during winter months. Wait until it's over 85 degrees outside and lay the entire thing in the sun for several hours before breaking your zippers like I did - twice. Pull tabs would be quite helpful if the company decides to improve this product.
2. seam leakage directly over driver and passenger seats. The seam is treated with a sealant, but, inherent to the design, it gets pulled apart when you tighten down the rear straps to keep the top in place. I found that Home Depot sells "Never Wet" a really good water repellent spray that works well enough to effectively waterproof the seam. Just reapply every 6 months.
3. Zipper components are a bit weak for the tension they need to hold. I broke teeth, broke, the handle, and had the zipper come unsewn from the fabric at the rear window from the force required to zip everything back up. If you've been running without windows and it begins to rain and the temperature drops, you're likely to break something when you try to hurry up and reinstall the windows because the fabric and window material shrink a considerable amount as the temperature drops.
Really tight out of the box, even when directions were followed 100% it took me and friends 2 days to stretch it out. I still cannot close the rear zippers, the teeth are sown incorrectly in spots and do not line up... we shall see how this works out. Its been on for 2 days and i already see the stitching pulling. Pretty disappointing for the price.
tough to initially install but looks good and functions well. Only problem that has risen so far is the stitching for the Velcro comes undone at the ends so the Velcro lifts from straps and windows