This fully enclosed 16 gauge steel console insert provides security and convenience, while still maintaining the refined curves of the factory center console. It turns the factory 2011+Jeep Wrangler JK center console into a heavy-duty lockable storage area to help protect valuables from thieves' hands. Each console allows access to optional factory USB and power source inside console, and does not replace factory console lid to maintain a completely stock look. Available With Upgraded Combination Lock or original Cam Style Lock.
Made in the USA.
- Pry-Guard locking system with 10 tumbler double bitted security key
- Completely enclosed steel console is used in conjunction with the factory console shown installed
- iPod tray doubles as coin or pen tray
- Drop in console insert, reuses OEM JK inner console box and armrest
- Internal iPod and 12V power port supply holes provide access to plug ins (if vehicle equipped)
- iPod/cellphone cable routing notch in both sides align with OEM console notches
- Requires only minor disassembly of OEM console, does not replace the factory console inner box
- Lid design incorporates an exclusive Pin-Lock hinge security system with built in lid stop
- Durable texture powder coat finish
- Grade 8 mounting hardware provided
Part #276, Colors: 01 (Plastic Factory Console not Included but shown in image for illustration)
Exterior Dimensions: 9"L x 6"W x 10 1/8"H (with mounting flange)
Interior Dimensions: 5 3/4"L(top), 4 5/8"L(bottom) x 5 7/8"W x 10"H
OEM Factory console inner box and lid are retained. Console insert is a drop-in installation into the factory console inner box. The Tuffy insert bolts in to existing holes without drilling. Additional hardware is provided for optional security which requires drilling two holes.
1. Drilling Optional.
- Console Insert
- 3-Digit Combination Lock Upgrade (when selected)
- Installation Hardware
- Features: Stereo Security
- Color: Black
Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2017 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2015 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2014 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2013 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2011 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
Tuffy Security Console Insert Options
|Part Number||Catalog #||Price|
|14040.0407||14040.0407||Combination Lock Included||$153.95|
|276-01||14125.1301||Original Cam Lock Only||$131.95|
Customer Submitted Photos
Tuffy Security Console Insert Reviews
This lock box met my expectations. I installed it in a 2015 JK (2-door). As seen in the included images, the lock box fits snug; all holes for the hinge aligned perfectly. In the back of the console, you have the "option" to drill two holes and install heavy duty 1/2" bolts with washers & locking nuts; why you would not do this extra step is beyond me (it is extra reinforcement from theft!). Drilling the 3/8" holes is a bit tricky, but if you use a pilot tool from the inside, you can easily drill the holes from the outside. As seen in the attached picture, the two bolts fit without issue.
As far as space, there is quite a bit of room in the lock box. You do lose the little coin half-shelf, but I found this little shelf to be annoying, as items would fall out the back whenever I opened the main compartment. For charging, the box does have a cut out, so you can easily fit an adapter and cable, which threads through a notch at the top of the box.
I chose the combo lock option, as the point of this lock box was to secure my valuables...not to add another by having an extra key. The locking mechanism is solid. I have no concerns with the box at all.
This did not fit my jk. My outlets are in the back of my console, the cut out is in the front
Haven’t installed yet, but disappointed that Tuffy adds a small “shelf “ on one side of the insert, making the remaining space even tinier and less useful. Also completely bare metal on the inside. Be nice if they included some stick-on padding at least.