Rubicon Express has everything you need to protect the vulnerable undercarriage of your 12+Jeep Wrangler JK from front to back, with skid plates for your engine oil pan, transfer case, and fuel tank. All of the skid plates are CNC laser cut from 3/16-inch steel to withstand even the worse abuse and mount up tight to the drivetrain to maximize ground clearance. The modular protection system allows you to add skid plates as your needs and budget allow without any concerns about compatibility. Made in USA
- High, tight mounting methods to provide protection while not affecting clearance
- 3/16 steel construction for ultimate protection
- No cutting or modification to existing components
- Uses existing hardware/fasteners
- Designed to reduce obstacle hang ups and improve slide over terrain
- Protects JK undercarriage
- Direct bolt on
- Precision CNC laser cut and formed for an unrivaled fit and finish
- Premium powdercoat finish for maximum corrosion resistance
- Designed to work with all Rubicon Express suspension systems
- Color: Black
- Armor Type: Oil Pan
- Material: Steel
- Shipping Weight: 14lb
- Shipping Dimensions: 25in x 12in x 7in (L x W x H)
Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2017 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2015 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2014 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2013 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
- 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
Customer Submitted Photos
Rubicon Express Oil Pan Skid Plate Reviews
All right. Mine is 2016 manual JK.
First, if it bolts on direct for you, yeah, you are a lottery winner.
Removed material to stress relieve fit in front left bolt holes. Pan would not sit flush without serious contact in this position.
Removed material at drain plug area. A little over 1/4 of an inch for clearance. I couldn't fit a piece of paper in that area. I wanted zero contact with the pan for energy absorption if necessary.
Last, I removed the transmission cast formations. This cleaned up the trailing fit, but still needed a 1/4 inch of removal from the pan to achieve a true stress free, no contact fit for alignment of the trans bolts.
Once do e in those three areas, fit was solid, all hardware torqued to spec without deformation and the pan is rock solid.
Over all impressed with the fit, regardless of the modification I had to make. I didn't expect a cookie cutter part and never have with aftermarket parts.
RE makes excellent equipment. This is no exception.
Stout product, well made, heavy, attaches to the lower engine block. I am worried about cracking block if I get on a big rock. Should have saved the money and bought plates that attach to the frame.
Easy install good product