Hawk® Performance Front Quiet Slot Rotors & SuperDuty Brake Pad Kit for 90-99 Jeep® Cherokee XJ, Grand Cherokee ZJ, Wrangler YJ & TJ
Hawks SuperDuty Ferro-Carbon material is engineered for severe-duty professional truck fleets and trucks and SUVs towing heavy loads. This material offers unmatched braking performance under high inertia and/or repetitive braking applications.
Metallurgy: Quiet Slot™ rotors are cast from a proprietary formulation of premium alloys producing a superior performance street product.
- Noise-dampening steel formulation.
- Long-grain carbon iron for maximum thermal stability.
- Molybdenum additive for high temperature strength and thermal crack resistance.
- Unique alloy blend provides exceptional rotor life and durability.
Design: Quiet Slot™ rotors combine the look, feel and durability of a true performance rotor with the fitment and convenience of OE design.
- Performance design - Direct OE replacement.
- Unidirectional vanes eliminate the need for left and right side rotors.
- Optimal rotor vane and wall thickness improves structural strength, noise dampening and heat capacity.
Note: Heat cracking and rotor warpage are inherent risks with cross-drilled rotors.
- OE style vane design combined with increased heat capacity dramatically improves brake pad and rotor life.
Quiet Slots: Hawk Performance® Quiet Slot™ rotors feature a unique slot design specifically engineered to improve your car's braking performance and driver comfort.
- Increases initial bite.
- Improves wet weather brake performance.
- Effectively removes gas and wear debris.
Note: Cross-drilled & dimpled and heavily slotted rotors accelerate pad wear generating excessive brake dust and premature pad wear.
- When the brakes are not engaged, the Quiet Slot™ rotor vane and surface slot design effectively cuts through the surrounding air flow virtually eliminating the "whirling" noise typically encountered with cross drilled or heavily slotted rotors.
- Visual wear indicator. Rotors should be replaced when slots are worn down and no longer visible.
- Optimizes overall brake performance. Note: Cross-drilled, heavily slotted and dimpled rotors reduce the contact area of the rotor with the brake pad. This environment reduces the effectiveness of the brake pad, can cause damage to the desired transfer film and increase rotor surface temperatures.
- Swirl ground surface for improved brake pad bed-in and "green" out of the box performance.
- Specific RMS finish accelerates the creation of a proper transfer film when run with Hawk Performance® brand brake pads.
- All rotors are finished with a GEOMET® coating that protects both the internal and external surfaces from rust and corrosion.
What is GEOMET®?
GEOMET® is a proprietary water-based coating dispersion containing metal oxides, metallic zinc and aluminum flakes. The zinc and aluminum platelets align in multiple layers forming a metallic silver-gray coating. Applied as a liquid, the coating becomes totally inorganic after curing at 575-600F (300-315C).
WARNING! This rotor is intended for street use only!
To drive safely with heavy payloads it is critical to have brakes that operate properly. Heavy fleet trucks and light trucks and SUVs carrying heavy tow loads experience high braking temperatures. Higher temperatures contribute to premature brake pad and rotor wear. Hawk Performances SuperDuty product is a sophisticated material that has an extremely high coefficient of friction designed to provide maximum truck and SUV stopping power with excellent high temperature heat dissipation.
VanUpgrade your fleet or tow vehicles braking performance with Hawk Performances SuperDuty, Sever-Duty compound!
- Extremely high coefficient of friction
- Extremely high fade resistance
Rotors - Pair
Brake Pads - Left & Right Side
- Features: Slotted
Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 1999 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 1998 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 1997 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1995 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1994 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1993 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1992 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1991 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
- 1990 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1999 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1998 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1997 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1996 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1995 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1994 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1993 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1992 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1991 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
- 1990 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
Jeep Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
- 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
- 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
- 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
- 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
- 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
- 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee (ZJ)