The GenRight EXT Gas Tank is specifically designed to allow for more clearance between the rear axle and the gas tank so you can lengthen your Jeeps wheelbase and keep the same capacity as stock!
Want to run 40" tires? You are going to need bigger axles. This heavy duty tank is trail proven and made to accommodate such upgrades. This production built gas tank is re-shaped to make more room under the Jeep for a wheelbase stretch and bigger axles. That way you can keep your back seat to bring the family on your 4 wheeling adventures. The assembly mounts in the factory location and is it designed to work with all your factory emissions equipment so you won't get any check engine lights or have computer issues.
Made in the USA!
Here are some similar items you might be interested in
GenRight Off Road Crawler EXT Gas Tank with Aluminum Skid Plate for 97-06 Jeep Wrangler TJ & Unlimited
- 1" more ground clearance than stock.
- Improved departure angle.
- Same as stock, 19.5 gallon fuel capacity.
- Creates more room for bigger aftermarket axles.
- Shape allows for 5" of rear wheelbase stretch (with Dana 44).
- Mounts in stock tank location, with 7 factory bolts.
- Stock mounting location keeps center of gravity low.
- Accepts the stock Jeep fuel pump/sensor.
- 1/8" thick Aluminum alloy tank is TIG welded.
- Foam liner between tank & skid plate.
- Includes a 3/16" thick heavy duty aluminum skid plate.
- Assembled with stainless steel straps.
- Includes factory Mopar roll over / vent valves.
- Internal baffles reduce fuel movement and keep fuel near the pick up.
- All tanks are 100% pressure tested.
Installation Difficulty:Level 3Advanced
- Because of shape and location changes, installation of this product MAY require changes to the last 14" of the exhaust tail pipe.
- Fits well with Currie brand Anti-Rock type rear sway bars. Due to the fact that this tank is pushed back 5", the installer will need to carefully pull the fuel line and electrical a little rearward to reconnect them to the fuel pump (not a problem there is plenty of length in the line to reach).
Installation Time: 3-6 hours
1 Gas Tank
WarrantyLimited 1 Year Structural Warranty. 90 Day Finish Warranty.
- Features: Aluminum
*Please make a selection above to view specs on a specific product
Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 2002 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 2001 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 2000 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 1999 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 1998 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
- 1997 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
GenRight Off Road Crawler EXT Gas Tank with Aluminum Skid Plate Options
|Part Number||Catalog #||Option||Price|