GETTING INTO YOUR JEEP SHOULDNT FEEL LIKE CLIMBING MOUNT EVEREST. Thats why AMP Research invented POWERSTEP, the automatic, electric-powered running board that instantly extends when you open your door, and then hides itself safely out of sight when the doors close for improved ground clearance, aerodynamics and appearance. Its handsome design, all-weather performance and legendary reliability set the industry standard. Invented, engineered and built in America, AMP Research PowerStep have been tested and proven in long-term, real-world, driving conditions performing flawlessly in snow, ice, dust, mud and dirt. The lightweight, yet rock-solid running board and rugged die-cast linkage components are crafted in the USA of aircraft-quality aluminum, black-anodized and Teflon® coated for maximum corrosion protection. Precision, stainless-steel hinge points and bearings ensure trouble-free action. And the heavy-duty electric motor is designed and tested to provide reliable, maintenance-free operation for decades. Backed by an industry-leading 5-year/60,000-mile warranty.
- Automatic Power-Deploying Running Boards
- Low-Profile Integrated LED Light System - Standard
- High-Strength, Die-Case Aluminum Alloy Components with an Anodized and Teflon®-Coated, Military-Spec Finish to Resist Corrosion
- Precision Stainless-Steel Pivot Pins for Rock Solid Stability
- Maintenance Free, Self Lubricating Bushings for All Weather Performance
- Extruded Aluminum Steps with Full Length Internal Ribs for Rock Solid Stiffness, Rigidity and Support with a High Texture Powder Coat Finish for Maximum Grip and Durability
- 600 LB Load Capacity (Each Side)
- Weatherproof, OEM Quality Electric Motors, Drive System and Wiring Harness
- Pressure Sensitive, Pinch Proof Safety Technology
- 5-Year/60,000 Mile Warranty
- Designed and Built in America
Driver Side Power Step
Passenger Side Power Step
- Features: Electric Step, Retractable, Step
- Color: Black
- Armor Type: Side Step
- Material: Steel
Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2017 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2015 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2014 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2013 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2011 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2010 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2009 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2008 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
- 2007 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
Customer Submitted Photos
AMP Research PowerStep Reviews
I have the AMP Research Power Steps on my 2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with 3.5 lift and 35's. The steps worked well and my wife appreciated the easy access to the lifted Jeep.
While driving down muddy road the steps got covered with gritty mud and would not go up or down all the way with our an assist from my hand or toe lifting up or down. A step hanging down can be damaged by rocks or brush. This is unacceptable for off roading. I had to assist the steps all the way up and then pull the power plug to the system making them permanently up to complete the two week Jeep club run through the southwest.
I power washed the steps and mechanical arms, oiled with multiple types of oil and still the steps will not go up and down all the way. If you are a town driver then these steps are OK but if you ever go off road these steps will not function properly in water or dirt environment.
I have a friend with the same steps and he got rid of his and now has permanent rock sliders and I will have do the same.
Outstanding product. Installation was well described and there were no missing parts. The only difficult portion was finding the trigger wire on the passenger side of the Wrangler that causes the steps to deploy and retract. Operation is flawless after about a year in operation.
Excellent product, well built and easy to install.